The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) is seeking a dynamic, analytical, and service-oriented professional who has demonstrated exceptional capabilities in business administration, higher education, and/or related fields to join the Dean’s Office Finance Team.
CEHD has three schools under its umbrella: School of Education, School of Kinesiology, and School of Sport, Recreation, and Tourism Management. The College is proud of its culture of collegiality, teaching and learning excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and robust portfolio of research activities. The College is home to close to 4,000 students studying in more than 30 programs, including the largest PhD program in the University.
The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director of Finance, will be an important member of the Dean’s Office Finance Team. The employee will provide ongoing financial and purchasing support to the Dean’s Office as well as assume the approver role for select purchasing and financial activities to ensure compliance and promote accountability of schools and divisions within CEHD.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the purchasing officer for the Dean’s suite as well as providing direct support for travel request submissions, reimbursement requests, and temporary personnel hiring. Monthly duties to include budget transfers/journal vouchers and reconciliations for Dean’s Office orgs;
- Financial approvals. As part of the team, oversee and manage the College-wide travel, purchasing, and P-card transactions submitted by Division/school staff members. Ensure resources are sufficiently allocated for such activities;
- Support college Revenue Receipt and Payment Card operations. Serve as the financial and technical coordinator over multiple subgroups in the college. Collaborate with CEHD Office of Technology (OTS) team and central Fiscal Service team. Assist in creating and setting up new services for school and division staff members;
- Special program and ad hoc support: Designated institutional research seed grant gift card purchaser. Maintain and oversee the research subject incentive gift card purchase program;
- Actively participate in University-wide Fiscal Support Network Group, and offer support to the Dean’s Office Finance team as requested;
- Other ad hoc analysis to monitor budget/actual variances, and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience) in business administration, math, accounting or related areas;
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g., ability to create formulas and manipulate large data sets);
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities using diverse platforms, with experience in customer service settings;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to quickly learn and train others on various technology and reporting systems
- Experience working in a higher education setting;
- Experience in conducting financial analysis using various tools and methods
- Experience in reviewing and implementing fiscal policies and procedures and working with a diverse client base
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: Review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled