The Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis and efficient reporting of areas within the Company?s accounting department in accordance with US GAAP. This position also coordinates communication with internal stakeholders, assists with financial close procedures, analyzes profit loss components and supports the Company?s Fixed Asset tracking system.
- Provides comprehensive financial support, including, but not limited to monthly performance reports, financial analysis, expense variance review, corporate credit card reconciliations and recommendations for corrective actions
- Manage and complete certain- tax filings ? 1099?s and IFTA Tax filings
- Assist in year end audit of financials from third-party auditors.
- Provides monthly support to the business: records month-end journal entries/accruals; assures all expenses are recorded in the month incurred; distribute departmental performance reports; and analyzes spending variances
- Provide operational support for Sales through commission calculations, accrual management and payment
- Maintain and update capital purchases and fixed assets by utilizing the ERP Fixed Asset Module.
- Assumes leadership responsibility as necessary, including being an advocate for new ideas and serving as an example for coworkers
- Works closely with the Controller, CFO and other executive team members to assist with Continuous Improvement Initiatives, financial analysis, and process documentation of procedures, as needed.
- Team builder and life-long learner
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Financial analysis skills
- Problem solving skills and techniques
The position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time. Work hours are generally 8:00 am 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Additional hours, including weekends, should be expected when required to complete time-sensitive tasks.
Travel may be expected for this position related to business activities to Baltimore, MD and possibly other locations throughout the US.
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year College degree.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in accounting and analysis roles.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
- Solid time/project management skills and demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills required
- A team player that can work in a complex and fast-paced environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Financial systems understanding and ERP use (Acumatica, Oracle, SAP, Quickbooks, etc.)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass pre-employment criteria
ERC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ERC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.