Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Maintain the integrity of pricing throughout the store with respect to ads, ad specials, price changes, gold slips, scan box, coupons, scan audits, and reporting procedures. Responsible for price and scan integrity of all products according to state laws, company policies and guidelines. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the departments and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with and train other store associates on preparing store signage and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all tags and signs are hung and displayed in a timely manner.
- Research any tags that have not been hung, and make sure they are items that are not carried; consult with management before disposing of them.
- Assist with new and ongoing special programs and promotions.
- Perform an ad check at the beginning of each ad cycle to ensure proper scanning of all items in the circular.
- Check ad signing for proper pricing.
- Submit all pricing audit reports.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Model excellent customer service, demonstrating friendliness, and maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- Apply pricing batches daily.
- Responsible for total store price accuracy.
- Perform all necessary cleaning, tag/sign cover, data strip, and stanchion sign for the professional appearance of the store.
- Engage, greet and assist customers and associates when on the sales floor.
- Implement accurate and timely price changes for new and existing items using the pricing software.
- Sort, log, and distribute price change paperwork and tags.
- Research price discrepancies to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct audits to ensure shelf and pricing systems are integrated.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 18 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
- Checking experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight