Baker Hughes, a GE Company has an opening for a Pressure Pumping Cementing Field Specialist in Houma, LA.
- Under general supervision receives established instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity.
- Load out and delivery of equipment is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
- Confers with maintenance personnel on equipment status to preclude unnecessary equipment down time.
- Assists in performing check loading of necessary product and equipment required for scheduled cementing operations; including operations and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervises BHGE crew (when applicable) on location to position and rig up equipment.
- Provides record of such equipment to the customer representative at the rig/well site.
- Drives Company vehicles in a safe manner (when applicable), observing all Company and government regulations.
- Arrives safely at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Assists with training of assigned personnel in operations and maintenance.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Performs all required responsibilities safely and as described in the standard operations manual.
- Assures that all BHGE safety and operations policies and standard practices are adhered too.
- Monitors and documents all phases of the pumping service process.
- Prepares field receipts and obtains customer approval prior to pumping the job and after completion.
- Accurately and objectively reports job quality and crew performance.
- Accurately completes all paperwork prior to and upon completion of job.
- Takes appropriate action to solve any job problems which may be encountered.
- Verifying the right amount of product is on location and communicating with the customer sufficient product is on board.
- Confers with the customer and BHI personnel to verify well data and offer recommendations.
- Maintains an open and business-like relationship with the company representative.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with BHGE HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and BHGE Culture Pillars.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience and/or specific training in the areas of decimal book training (Cementing, Stimulation).
- Cementing courses pertaining to product knowledge, equipment operations knowledge.
- Must be able to work a callout schedule.
- Technical courses in aspects of oil well servicing helpful.
- Three (3) plus years on land or offshore experience in Cementing Pressure Pumping.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more