Field Service Manager – Cleveland, OH
DIAMOND GAME ENTERPRISES
Diamond Game designs, produces, and services games, gaming systems, and tickets for various North American Lotteries and alternative gaming markets. Established in 1994, Diamond Game is celebrating our 25th year anniversary in January, and as of August 2017, Diamond Game is proud to be a subsidiary of Pollard Banknote Limited.
Our mission is to provide innovative solutions to lotteries seeking retailer growth and to give players thrilling gaming experiences, always put customers first by providing consistent service and unique products that outperform competitors, and foster a work environment for employees that encourages teamwork, imagination and continuous improvement. We are proud that our influence positively impacts many Veteran and charity communities across North America. Our Core Values are: Be a Team Player; Have a Game Plan; Be Reliable; Be a Game Changer; Play Fair; Be a Pro; and Have Fun!
In addition our awesome environment with an emphasis on employee wellness and taking care of our People, we offer competitive healthcare coverage, 401k Retirement, Profit Sharing, and more!
The Field Service Manager is responsible to manage the day to day operations of Diamond Game Field Service for installation, maintenance, and support of Select 4 lottery ticket dispensers. Responsibilities include planning of service activities, oversight and implementation of projects, troubleshooting and resolving issues, parts and inventory management, product support, installation, and maintenance planning and implementation, and customer service and support activities. Responsible for ensuring we provide top-notch service and support in the market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for building and managing a team of skilled service technicians.
- Primarily responsible for enhancing the quality of services that are being provided to our customers.
- Conducts thorough research to understand the needs and issues of the customers.
- Ensures work is delegated properly so that efficient services are being rendered to the end customer.
- Develops and delivers in-house training for employees regarding the service procedures and the company's policies and procedures.
- Supervises overall functioning, especially of the service functions of the organization in the market.
- Designs strategies and ensures that all day to day services have been fulfilled and that all the clients' needs have been tackled successfully.
- Makes recommendations and implements procedures and rules that will reduce costs and improve efficiency of the services.
- Actively involved in the hiring and training of new employees.
- Works alongside team members in the field providing service and support, and evaluates team members' performance
- Takes feedback from customers and reports it to market manager along with details regarding whether the clients' expectations have been met or not.
- Motivates staff members to deliver excellent services to the clients.
- Makes sure all the clients' issues have been addressed in a timely manner and that all issues have been resolved.
- Ensures devices remain in compliance with local laws, regulations and manufacturer specifications.
- Responsible for execution of initiatives and projects locally and for providing status updates to the company's other functional departments.
- Maintains service and support records, ensuring accurate and timely completion and submission of records.
- Liaises and collaborates with the Lottery, company stakeholders, and site operators to ensure projects are implemented within scope and all necessary support functions are provided.
- Ensures quality assurance procedures are in place to ensure that all equipment is configured, installed and working correctly prior to deployment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Complies with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of position's manager.
- Other duties as requested and required by management.
Education and Experience
- Must have experience overseeing teams in a service organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, 2-4 year secondary degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in a technical support/field service position with gradually increasing responsibilities.
- 1+ years' experience in a Gaming/Lottery service environment a plus.
- A valid driver license and clean driving record required.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Great technical/electronic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Operate in a cohesive team working environment with other departments to complete tasks
- Ability to work varied shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays and overtime as required
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Best practices approach to all assigned tasks and execution
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- This position requires substantial driving and travel within the state of Ohio.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance. The employee must be able to move, and control 550 pounds with the aid of dollies and tools; able to lift and move 120 pounds short distances without mechanical aid and frequently lift and/or move 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
We thank all that apply; however only the most qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Background Screening (Criminal History Search and Drug Test).
Diamond Game provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To ALL Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.