As the largest privately held systems integrator in New England, SIGNET is committed to providing clients with innovative solutions and superior service that enhance life safety, security, and communications. We are looking for a proactive, well-organized, and innovative FIELD ENGINEERto join our team. In this role, you will be developing drawings and configuring high-end networks and systems. You know the technical piece of what SIGNET does, but you are also able to explain it to the end-user in a way they can understand – you’ll need to be able to communicate in both worlds to be successful in this position. You can’t wait to learn more and figure out new and better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented Field Engineer to help us create systems and solutions for our clients that will enhance their life safety, security, communications and make traveling safer for everyone.
You’re good at:
· Programming and troubleshooting high-end networks and systems
· Developing and modifying equipment layout, installation, and cabling drawings
· Understanding technology well enough that you can explain it to the end-user
You’re passionate about:
· The ever-changing technology field
· Figuring out how to make the technology work to meet the needs of the client
· Troubleshooting and finding solutions to technical challenges
· The accomplishment of building a new system
We’re looking for:
· BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, and AutoCAD
· Experience with IP Networks, SCADA, Carrier Ethernet, Security and Audio-Visual Systems
· Industry Networking Certifications such as a CCNA, MCSE, BICSI Certifications or Training (preferred)
· Paid Vacation & Personal time, 11 paid Holidays, and Paid Community Service
· Comprehensive insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a 401(k) with employer match
· Free (healthy) snacks in the kitchen
You’ll fit in at SIGNET if you conduct your work with honesty and integrity 100% of the time – our clients trust us with some of their most precious people and possessions. You love to learn and aren’t daunted by the ever-changing technology field – you’re ready for whatever comes your way, and excited to see what’s next. You know what it means to be on a team, and are always willing to lend a helping hand, whether it’s to a technician in the field, a client with a question, or your co-worker in the kitchen. You’re responsible, intelligent and communicate superbly with everyone. You’re ready to join the team and work to keep our community connected and secure.
CORI check required prior to placement.
SIGNET Electronic Systems, Inc.
ATTN: Human Resources
106 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
Fax: (781) 871-5686
No phone calls please.
SIGNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19