Field Engineers needed to perform site survey and implementation activities to support an Army VoIP implementation / TDM telephony decommissioning project. The work will be performed at military bases in the Continental United States. The candidate must have, and maintain, a SECRET clearance. The position requires travel up to 75%.
Position will perform the following duties:
- Site Survey Activities –
- Participation in site surveys to produce a distinct work package that documents existing installation telephony infrastructure from the core equipment to the end-user instrument.
- Development of floor space diagrams, rack/equipment diagrams, network diagrams, connectivity tables, etc.
- Development of Bill of Materials (BOM) for all of the installation-specific equipment and materials to enable successful execution by field engineers and technicians.
- Use of Fluke TesCom 990DSL CopperPro Series II Broadband Loop Tester test set and other test equipment as required.
- Site Preparation Activities – Includes the installation of equipment racks, identification of power requirements, and the installation of cables, cable ladder racks and patch panels.
- Hardware/software installation and removal – Includes the physical installation of the equipment into a rack or cabinet, the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate required interconnectivity.
- Hardware configuration upgrades – Includes the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate the required interconnectivity. Activation actions include all equipment configurations and testing required to facilitate the acceptance of the devices.
- Site wiring implementation, inspection/testing, and removal.
- Generation of survey reports and completion reports to include as-installed documentation (Red Line drawings).
- De-installation, removal, decommissioning of existing TDM infrastructure.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Installation and configuration of VoIP telephony system components and ancillary equipment/services, in addition to a thorough understanding of the necessary requirements to support infrastructure equipment including space, power, HVAC, and cabling and connectivity.
- Ability to identify and document all components of the existing TDM telephony system. Familiarity with Avaya and Nortel PBX components is a must.
- Ability to understand and apply DISN Implementation standards and commercial best practices
- Possess a working knowledge of and experience with various network devices (i.e. routers, switches, etc.) from multiple manufacturers, and possess the skill and expertise necessary to install these network devices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong commitment to a team environment and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to troubleshoot TDM and VoIP phone issues.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, climb ladders and work in confined spaces.
- 3+ years’ experience in telephone system implementation
- 3+ years’ experience in rack and stack work, including the installation of patch panels
Please note that this position will require 75% travel or less. Falls Church, Virginia; Ft Bragg, NC; Ft Drum, NY; Ft Rucker, AL and other CONUS locations.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.