The Thermo Fisher bioproduction purification business, consisting of both the Poros and Capture Select brands, innovates state-of-the art purification solutions for monoclonal antibody (mAb) or similar therapeutic modality, recombinant protein, gene therapy and cell therapy. We are recruiting a technically knowledgeable purification Engineer/ Scientist with excellent communication skills and a business acumen to help bring solutions to address customers challenges. Working with early startups and fortune 100 Bio/ Pharmaceutical companies, you will provide technical consultation and scientific support from process screening/ optimization and other process development activities, into subsequent large / production scale implementation within in an assigned geographic territory. The successful candidate is expected to provide technical seminars, training, hands-on bench work, product demonstrations, and technical customer service activities to support Sales objectives.
- Provide expert technical leadership by demonstrating application knowledge to Design-In Thermo Fisher chromatography resins.
- Strategically position Thermo Fisher Scientific POROS and Capture Select solutions in the context of customer needs
- Work directly with customers to understand their purification goals and challenges.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with the accounts in their region through personal contact on a regular basis.
- Successfully guide customers during evaluation, process development and implementation of POROS and Capture Select products
- Effectively communicate and position Thermo Fisher Scientific purification value proposition in the context of alternative market solutions
- Consultant on all scales of process development from pilot to large-scale, including column packing activities
- Accurately and quantitatively document market observations at both a technical and business level
- Solid problem-solving skills with ability to resolve complex problems, communicate issues and propose solutions to both external customers and internal team members.
- Contribute to knowledge management databases
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemical engineering, biotechnology, biology or chemistry
- 7 years of relevant chromatography experience in a downstream Process Development (PD) setting where chromatography-based purification methods were developed, scaled and validated AND/OR a downstream Field Applications / Product Specialist role
- Ability to operate and interpret data from AKTA or alternative process development LC chromatography workstations and/or high process development throughput systems.
- Knowledge of small-scale, pilot scale or large-scale chromatography and column packing
- Knowledge of analytics used to support purification process development, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy and ability to interpret such data sets.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, troubleshoot and speak in a public setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with process scale column packing (100L)
- Experience with Pilot Plant or cGMP Biopharma production
- Experience with filtration or other downstream unit operations
- Strong, working knowledge of chromatographic techniques plus hands on experience in protein purification
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Biopharmaceutical /Biotech Industry
- Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
- Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations)
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Experience working in an external-facing role