Part-time, hourly position – $17/hr
Available to Start Immediately
The Larchmont Farmers Market is looking for an enthusiastic, personable candidate to manage a seasonal farmers market and assist with market promotion within the community. The farmers market is held on Saturdays from April 27th through December 28th in Larchmont, NY.
The Farmers Market Manager should cultivate a sense of ownership of their Farmer’s Market through:
- Supervising daily operations to assure a smooth and safe running market
- Enforcing market rules and regulations
- Collecting and reporting market data and success metrics
- Setting up and breaking down the market manager tent and market signage
- Selling Down to Earth branded merchandise
- Serving as a market host to welcome and engage shoppers, promoting good relations between vendors, our company, and the shoppers as a representative of Down to Earth Markets.
- Engaging with shoppers and vendors to report successes, concerns and opportunities to Down to Earth Markets.
- Must attend annual training at our Ossining, NY office, Saturday, April 6th as well as completing shadowing and training dates at other markets prior to your market’s opening date.
- Must be available to occasionally represent the farmers market at local chamber of commerce meetings, community board meetings, fairs, volunteer opportunities or other community events.
- Must be available to distribute flyers in the farmers market community several times throughout the season.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must have access to a computer and smart phone for emailing, social media posting, submitting and receiving reports
- Must commit to work for the entire market season
~An interest in and ability to articulately communicate about local food and sustainable agriculture is a plus!
Interested parties should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and Michael@downtoearthmarkets.com