LOCATION 2360 E. Semoran Blvd Apopka FL 32703
At 24 Hour Fitness we are committed to our mission of helping people-team members and members alike-to become the best version of themselves. We’ve changed the landscape of the fitness industry and pioneered the concept that fitness can be accessible, affordable and a way of life for everyone. We’re looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business, so that we can share the promise of 24 Hour Fitness with more people.
The Facility Technician (FT) for 24 Hour Fitness ensures proper operation of all club areas to deliver the best guest and member experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities *:*
- Ensures proper operation of all club areas
- Maintenance of (or oversees outside service provider maintenance) pool/spa to ensure proper chemical balances and drains and cleans spas after hours as needed
- Performs monthly fire extinguisher checks
- Works closely with the General Manager and Operations Manager to discuss club maintenance needs and repairs, conducts a daily walk-through and maintains a Maintenance Log
- Maintains the history file on all equipment
- Procure repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment
- Performs monthly OSHA safety checks as required on the OSHA / PM guidelines
- Has been trained in and follows all OSHA, company and Facilities department safety guidelines on a daily basis
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed by 24 Hour Fitness Corporate Office and individual manufacturer specifications
- Maintains a log of Preventative Maintenance
- Must be highly organized and able to handle a multi-task environment
- Must have general understanding of computer skills including email
- Technical skills include general experience in the repair and maintenance of equipment and physical building
- General knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical equipment
- 2 years’ experience in operations/maintenance preferred
- Previous experience in health club maintenance strongly preferred
- Must be available for overtime work
- Must maintain suitable transportation.
Certifications / Educational Requirements *:*
- Must complete the Facilities Management Technician Training Program
Physical Requirements *:*
- Duties may include physical effort, including the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., bending, squatting, reaching, or being on feet for long periods of time
Work Environment *:*
- Duties include exposure to pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, and periodic grease/oil from cardiovascular equipment
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Facilities