EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Formal training in EMS, CPR & AED appropriate for MTI’s staff complement, facilities and equipment.
- Fork and scissors-Lift certification
- Valid CPR and AED certification at instructor level.
- Valid Driver License.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with a facility similar or larger than that of Medical Teams International.
- Formal training in EMS and fire-fighting.
- Forklift and scissor lift operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Strong ability to draft and evaluate effectiveness of written safety plans as required by OSHA regulations.
- Ability to conduct and coordinate various meeting groups within the organization.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- Familiar with current occupational health and safety regulations.
- Familiar with current fire and life safety regulations and ordinances.
- Familiar with local and state building and electrical code regulations and ordinances.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and/or situations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Familiar with office workspace systems (dismantling & moving cubicles, desks, etc.).
- Ability to complete minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Familiar with sump pump operation and replacement.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people.
- Effective team leader, able to communicate vision and directives.
- EMT or Paramedic with CPR/AED teaching credentials.
- Ability to read and interpret facility blueprints, as-built drawings, and equipment specification publications.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel to Western Washington Offices at least once a month to accomplish required tasks.
- Ability to conduct safety incident investigations as needed.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Public speaking and training skills and experience.
- Basic computer skills with PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Skype, and Teams.
- Intermediate skills with Word, Excel, Internet, Internet, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to climb vertical roof and descend vertical subterranean pit ladders.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- Exposed to a combination of office and warehouse environments.
- Regularly exposed to dust, liquids, odors, and noise.
- Occasionally required to enter and work in confined spaces.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.