Facilities & Security Group, Facilities & Security Group > Facilities Design
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Under the general supervision of the Relocation Supervisor, the Relocation Coordinator is responsible for assist and directing Qualcomm staff and residents in the timely and effective execution of the relocation plan. It is anticipated the Relocation Coordinator will be working in conjunction with our in-house Spaceplan team and third-party Relocation consultant. Other responsibilities are to facilitate the movement of furniture, lab equipment and personnel during the normal work week. This would include but not be limited to the handling of furniture & event deliveries, office set-ups for new-hires, employee office relocations and lab moves. Additional responsibilities include the set-up, organizing and tear down of company events and the tear down, reconfiguration and installation of cubicle/workstations. This position is also responsible to perform repairs and cleaning of dirty or damaged furniture, be knowledgeable regarding the use of tools to assemble furniture, provide timely customer service, work effectively in a team environment and be able lift up to (50) pounds. A clean driving record is required.
At least 2 years of experience are required in the following areas:
- Systems furniture installations (i.e. workstations/cubes & height adjustable bases)
- Experience in a lead position in the Relocation industry
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of packing and shipping processes as they are responsible for packaging and shipping furniture and/or administrative supplies to domestic sites
- Will be responsible for evaluating and scheduling labor needs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for all needs onsite. Must be able to forecast and understand costs and efficiency related to these needs
- On a rotational basis have oversight for scheduling of labor, staffing for all teams/zones.
- Ability to oversee the work of temporary staff (partners/vendors) who may be brought on to assist daily activities and projects
- Coordinate all relocation and related activities at properties which include site walks and evaluation of requests/projects
- Manage changing deadlines and work well under pressure
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Implement procedures for record keeping, monitoring and evaluation of relocation benefits.
– Must be able to work and partner with fellow Qualcomm Support Services teams (QSS), – Project Managers, Onsite Facilities Manager and other internal/external staff to ensure timely and effective execution of the relocation plan
- Receives no instruction on routine tasks and limited instruction on new assignments
- Demonstrate ability to address complex problems
- Consistent attention to detail
- Must be licensed to drive a forklift, and be able to operate large moving trucks
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental and company policies and procedures; as well as strong communication and leadership skills with attention to quality customer service
- Organizational skills are required as they are responsible for warehouse space, inventory and cleanliness
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
Applicants : If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.