At DistributionNOW, we believe our associates are the best in the business. We value and reward hardworking, creative, and dedicated employees that desire to be part of a team committed to outstanding customer service.
START YOUR CAREER NOW.
The Fabricator is responsible for welding/fabricating pump packages.
- Perform duties using wire welding GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding), or SMAW (Stick Welding)
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, steel, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
- Rework and/or repair welded structures according to engineering specification changes.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent; or a combination of education and experience
- Must provide own tools
- Prior experience in welding and/or fabricating: Pump Packages, FMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) / FCAW (Flux-Cored Arc Welding)
- Must be able to read and fabricate to dimensional prints
- Must be able to qualify to AWSD1.1
- Pipe Welding (ASME Section IX) is a plus
- Ability to manipulate tools and assembly components involving fine and gross motor skills sufficient to demonstrate welding job tasks
- Good interpersonal skills, proficient in oral and written communications.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Competitive Wage
- 401(k)/ Retirement savings
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage)
- Career growth
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays