Extended Support Specialist – Job Number: 190072 – Full-time Thursday – Sunday 10 hour days on both nights and days
Shift: 2nd Shift
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for an energetic Extended Support Specialist to execute time-sensitive business processes for Permits, Border Crossing and Regulatory assistance to drivers during support shift hours (nights and weekends). The Extended Support Specialist communicates regularly with first shift counterparts, driver and customer contacts to ensure continued superior service during support shift hours. This position is a gateway to a career of interesting challenges, celebrated victories, and limitless opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Perform at a high level, demonstrating subject matter expert skills in all supported functions
Communicate in a timely and effective manner with customs, brokers, state permit contacts, Drivers, Driver Managers and third party carriers
Edit electronic logs according to Regulatory guidelines
Maintain and update technical documentation to ensure quick and effective performance of each function
Make sound business decisions to resolve delays at border and eliminate risk of fines and penalties
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering…
Annual profit sharing bonuses available
Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
Health Care Spending Account
On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more
Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree, Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong functional expertise in operations support processes
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and function effectively under stress
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral communication
- Strong initiative and creativity
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the industry, Schneider’s solutions include Van Truckload, Dedicated, Regional, Bulk, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Port Logistics services. A $3.9 billion company, Schneider has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions since 1935.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
Primary Location: USA-WISCONSIN-Green Bay
Job Posting: Jan 6, 2019, 9:02:07 PM