Orientation: TBD (Starting at 8:00 a.m.) Program Dates: July 6, 2021 – August 13, 2021
Coordinates, plans, prepares and monitors the development of Work-Based Learning Placements for students with special needs for their Special Education Program. Provides training and technical assistance to high school staff, parents and students on issues related to work-based learning placements.
- Identify students in need of work-based learning placements and assist in locating and securing placements for the students in the ESY Program.
- Educate students, parents, school district staff and community service providers about work-based learning opportunities and train each group to develop skills to assume their role in the work-based learning placement.
- Schedule, convene and facilitate meetings, ensuring maximum involvement of the student, parent and community providers.
- Develop and implement work-based learning goals, objectives and activities that present student/family goals, which are useful to school and agency staff and comply with state and federal mandates.
- Collaborate with community service and resource providers to ensure appropriate and effective linkages for students with disabilities.
- Provide professional consultation regarding students who fall under the IDEA regulations.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, or School Counseling or a closely related field. Experience working with high school students with disabilities is strongly preferred.
Civil Service Title: Vocational Rehab. Counselor (Competitive)
Job Number: ESYP/WBL-1/12/21