We are seeking a dynamic exploration geologist with 0-5 years of precious or base metal exploration experience to participate in exploration programs around the Haile gold mine. The primary role of the Exploration Geologist is to support gold exploration programs at and near the Haile gold mine and in the eastern USA.
Health, Safety & Environment
Demonstrate a strong focus on Health, Safety and the Environment by:
- Complying with OceanaGold Health and Safety Policy and Environment Policy.
- Actively promoting safety awareness and environmental responsibility amongst company and contract personnel.
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations.
- Actively supporting and participate in safety and environmental initiatives.
- Accepting accountability to ensure personal safety and the safety of others whilst protecting the environment.
- Contribute to geological work including core and RC chip logging, assist with drill logistics, sample collection, geologic mapping, geologic log review and reinterpretation.
- QAQC tracking and reporting, and other areas as needed.
- Contribute to 3D digital geologic models and generate interpretive sections and plan maps.
- Develop drill targets through conceptual geological understanding and applied deposit knowledge.
- Contribute to reporting products for a variety of audiences.
- Act in accordance with and promote Company values and best practices.
People & Performance:
- Develop working relationships with the Site Operations Team, to enable longer term working relationships between Project teams to grow.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creates a new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Instils Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- A motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously
- Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative working style, building strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to work harmoniously in cross cultural environments.
- A high degree of computer literacy is required, with effective skills in MS Office products desired.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate technical information between internal and external stakeholders.
- Work is in and adjacent to an operating gold mine.
- Field work may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, sit, lift, carry, possess manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, talk, hear and see.
- Be able to walk over rugged terrain up to 6 miles per day in hot & humid and/or cold weather with occasional rain & snow.
- May be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds).
- Perform work shifts up to 11 hours in length.
- Safely operate 4WD light vehicles on highways, off-road, and on an active mine site.
- Wear personal protective equipment including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and ear plugs.
- OceanaGold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment using mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
- 0-5 years of precious or base metal exploration experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or closely related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Competence with industry-standard software preferred (i.e. Leapfrog, Vulcan, ArcGIS).
- Experience with core logging and mapping preferred.
- Good understanding of mineralization models and geological processes.
- Understanding of economic parameters of mining operations and exploration projects.
- MSHA 40 HR Trained or past MSHA training preferred.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to develop one's experience and career path. Apply Today!
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | OPPORTUNITY | COMMITTMENT | KNOWLEDGE|