TrinityRail is searching for Expert Painter in our Batron Rouge, Mobile Repair Plant.
TrinityRail Maintenance Services, Inc. provides a complete array of railcar maintenance services.
As a Painter at Trinity, you’ll prepare, coat, and finish metal and/or other surfaces. You’ll operate conventional/airless spray equipment to apply industrial paint finishes on metal and/or other types of surfaces. You’ll also mix and apply alkyds, epoxies, gel coats, powder coats, urethane, zinc epoxies, and water borne paint systems according to a prescribed formula.
The Painter adjusts nozzles on spray guns to obtain the proper dispersion of spray and monitors the flow and viscosity of the paint for solution. The Painter utilizes mill gauge and monitors the pressure amount properly, and cleans paint lines, paint guns, and performs other cleaning preventive maintenance to ensure painting apparatus remains in working order. The Painter also regulates temperature/air circulation in drying ovens.
What You'll Do:
- Repair spray equipment
- Train lower levels
- Expertly apply exterior coatings by spray and/or hand-held methods
- Expertly seal and/or bake final interior and exterior coatings
- Expertly apply interior primer coats
- Prepare painting area
- Apply primer or first exterior coat
- Prepare and/or mix paint
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years advanced coatings experience
- Advanced knowledge of interior coatings application
- Advanced knowledge of spray and/or hand held paint application
- advanced knowledge of sealing/baking final interior coarings