Shift: Part time, Days, Weekend as needed
1. Supervises assigned exercise sessions in outpatient cardiac and/or pulmonary rehabilitation, including: developing and implementing exercise prescriptions in order to increase the functional capacity of the cardiac patient safely and effectively. Monitors patients for inappropriate responses to exercise.
2. Leads warm-up and cool-down exercises. Evaluates patient progress and creates or modifies individual goals and objectives.
3. Conducts patient education in inpatient and outpatient settings considering the readiness of the patient to learn. Provides inpatient education to patient and family regarding daily activity and exercise guidelines, risk factors, pulse taking, and activity limitations. Provides outpatient education to group classes in accordance with departmental education program. Provides outpatient education on an individual basis according to patient needs.
4. Maintains patient records, progress reports, and documentation per policy and procedure manual and Medicare guidelines.
5. Maintains emergency preparedness through departmental in-services and certifications.
6. Participates in department and hospital projects, committees, and special events as desired or assigned. May be called upon to participate in cardiovascular screening programs.
7. Maintains physician and peer relationships that demonstrate support, mutual respect, collaboration, and goal-directed interactions.
8. Adheres to all departmental and Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
2. Minimum one-year experience in a multi-phase cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program, including developing exercise prescription.
3. Current BCLS certification for healthcare providers required.
4. ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist certification required.
6. The communication skills necessary to present information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
7. The enthusiastic and energetic personality and positive image of good health necessary to motivate others to begin and maintain health behavior changes.
8. The analytical skills necessary to assess patients and formulate care plans.
9. The ability to interpret heart rhythm strips.
10. The ability to develop exercise prescriptions for cardiac and pulmonary rehab patients.
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it’s our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
- A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
- Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
- Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
- The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
- 337,000 outpatient visits
- 43,000 home care visits
- 3,100 newborn deliveries
- Approximately 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases, ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality care – and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and designations we’ve recently achieved:
- Magnet®; Recognition for Nursing Excellence (The American Nurses Credentialing Center awards Magnet status to hospitals that exhibit exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction, have impressive nurse-to-patient ratios, and attract and retain the best nursing staff.)
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- 2016 American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award”
- 4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals, administrative and support personnel
- More than 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the northwest suburbs
- NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on primary and specialty care
- Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours of service annually
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Kildeer
Work Locations: 21481 N Rand – NCHMG 60045
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular