We are looking for an exercise physiologist to help perform cardiac nuclear medicine testing with our nuclear medicine technologists.
Under direct supervision of site provider, performs various professional and administrative duties related to nuclear medicine. These duties include, but are not limited to: patient preparation, administration of exercise and pharmacological stress tests, data entry for reporting of said tests, IV insertion, and ACLS measures when deemed necessary by situation and direction of physician. Travel is required.
IV Certification Completion (this can be scheduled for you)
EKG Class or prior fluent knowledge of how to read and understand cardiac rhythms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
1. Assist the Cardiac Nuclear Technologists in handling issues that arise at HealthScan accounts. Ensure that the needs and expectations of the physicians and staff are being met and exceeded.
2. Manage and file (data entry) all patient records of tests performed in accordance with state and other regulatory agencies guidelines.
3. Responsible for maintaining non-nuclear supplies and equipment for your team, ensuring preparedness for any given situation and daily function. Keep track of all expiration dates of drugs on stress cart, maintaining defibrillator, and all essential equipment.
4. Preparation of patient for stress testing procedure, including: patient interviews to obtain medical history, obtaining consent(signature), explanation of Nuclear Stress Test procedure to include risks/complications, answer any patient questions to the best of your ability, and start patient IV in the event that Nuclear Technologist is unable or otherwise unavailable due to flow.
5. Assess patient blood pressure in ALL stages of Bruce protocol, obtain pulse, observe respirations/respiratory function, and document (data entry) accurately
6. Set up and monitor through 12 lead EKG stress testing, including application of RED DOTS EKG monitor patches in EVERY Exercise stress test, or other leads if provided by account in Lexiscan stress test only. Other than shaving chest hair if absolutely necessary, no additional prep should be done.
7. EKG rhythm identification and interpretation
8. Under the direct supervision of site provider, application of ACLS algorithms if patients experience heart problems and/or cardiac arrest during procedure. This includes administration of necessary pharmacological agents.
9. Following Radiation Safety and Department of Transportation regulations while driving company van for purposes of transporting equipment and radioactive materials
10. Preparation and tear down of mobile operations at account site including: Assisting load/unload of equipment brought to site, set up/ tear down of all HIS equipment inside account site, and proper disposal of all waste. Site must be “as you found it” upon departure.
11. Completion of all data entry and daily paperwork including scanning all documents needed for billing and sending via secure email.
12. Complete all jobs in all programs including PACS system.
13. Comply with all established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, QA, safety and environmental standards
14. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses, eduacational programs, maintaining all required licenses and/or certifications.
15. Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Ability to (Competencies):
* Dedicated to providing the best possible customer service to our clients and their patients
* Maintain patient confidentiality in all areas
* React in an emergency situation, assessing the situation and being able to determine the best course of action or care for the patient using analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; application of BLS or ACLS measures as necessary.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and their patients to gain trust and respect.
* Able to work independently, efficiently, and under pressure
*Must be willing and able to travel
Minimum one (1) or more years in a medical care or emergency care setting with experience responding to emergent cardiac and/or pulmonary events. REQUIRED to start IV’s, place EKG leads and fluently interpret EKG rhythms.
Demonstrate current competency by documentation of Certification, Associates or higher degree in related field, continuing licensure and education credits in knowledge or skills related to emergency or cardiac care. Acquire and maintain current certification demonstrating successful completion of American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS), And IV insertion qualification.
Ability to work as part of a team and effectively communicate with said team as well as clients and customers in order to provide the best possible customer service and patient care.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Dothan, AL (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Physiology Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place