- Instruct and monitor individuals with chronic disease in group exercise.
- Assists and provides exercise prescriptions.
- Instructs classes/individuals/ community on risk factor modification and wellness.
- Assists in data collection and documentation.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or related field
- One year experience working in a cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation outpatient program preferred
- Interest in receiving further training and education regarding working with special populations such as Cardiac, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and weight management.
- Good communication skills
- CPR, ACLS and EKG skills required.
- Must enjoy patient teaching.
- Creative, flexible and enthusiastic individual.
- Must be available to work weekends as needed to meet patient and department needs.
Physical Requirements: Majority of day is active but not limited to constant walking, moderate lifting and frequent bending, balancing, stooping and reaching during patient contact. Ability to lift 30 lbs and to demonstrate and perform various exercises, free weights and strength training with the patient. Ability to push stat cart in designated areas.
Working Environment: Busy inpatient and outpatient multidisciplinary care and education center serving patients, families and the community of all ages with chronic diseases including cardiac and pulmonary related conditions. Offering a menu of rehabilitative services, including but not limited to exercise, risk intervention, education and counseling