Careers that Change Lives
In today’s world, 5 billion people have no access to safe surgery. At Medtronic, our Digital Surgery platform is tackling that problem through cutting-edge technological solutions. We’re on a mission to positively impact lives around the world by building innovative tools that can dramatically improve surgical training and thus improve outcomes for patients. We provide a cloud-based, surgical video library that is both secure yet accessible for surgeons and residents in training. We utilize the latest in machine-learning capabilities to ensure patient privacy while also uncovering powerful analytics and trends directly from surgical video, in an automated and easy to use platform. With Digital Surgery, you can be a part of improving surgical training and outcomes, reducing errors, and decreasing the cost of medical care globally, while working with a team of highly motivated and high-performing individuals.
A Day in the Life:
The Executive Digital Surgery Specialist is responsible for hitting their key business objectives through developing partnerships both internal and external, building clinical value and evolving the DS brand in order to Medtronic’s Digital Surgery Portfolio offerings, representing the Company in accordance with its policies, and maintaining an awareness of local competitive conditions and a territory business plan which enables attainment of the sales plan given local market conditions.
- Attains all assigned sales quotas.
- Maintains and increases sales volume of assigned accounts or territories.
- Solicits orders effectively from present and prospective customers for the assigned products.
- Provides useful and practical service to customers.
- Seeks opportunities effectively and formulates and follows plans for such action as directed by sales leadership.
- Seeks new uses and applications for Company products with present and prospective customers.
- Assists present and prospective customers in adopting Company products to their own requirements and specifications.
- Addresses customer complaints in accordance with Company policy and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative’s scope of authority.
- Complies with all Company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of Company objectives and for the maximum profitable sales.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products and marketing practices, and keeps sales management informed concerning them.
- Prepares sales audits and analyses of present and prospective customers in accordance with Company procedures and instructions.
- Assists in developing sales forecasts, territory potentials, workload analyses, call programs, and routes.
- Maintains up-to-date customer record books and other records in accordance with Company instructions.
- Prepares and submits expense reports, sales, marketing, and consignment reports, and territory business plan as required.
- Submits any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as may be requested.
- Operates assigned sales territory within regional expense budget.
- Recommends the addition of new products and the modification or deletion of present products to the line as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Maintains an awareness of likely candidates for the sales force and refers them to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Assists in the field training of any Sales Representative as requested.
- Cooperates with Medtronic personnel on the execution of Company programs.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All employees are expected to pay attention to and work in support of a safe and healthy work environment. This includes following the established rules, policies and practices of environmental, health and safety with specific attention to the Medtronic Cardinal Rules.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required.
- Promotes and sells Medtronic's Medical/Scientific Equipment products and services including non-implantable medical or scientific equipment products and/or services (e.g., diagnostic medical equipment, medical imaging machines, medical laboratory equipment, and non-implantable medical devices) within an assigned geographic area and /or specific customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Medtronic's Medical/Scientific Equipment products and/or services.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitor’s activities.
- Develops and/or implements market development plans/strategies and changes as needed.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of medical device sales experience and expert level knowledge of company products and services
Nice to Have
- 7 years of operating room sales or capital sales experience preferred
- Drive for Results, Ethics & Values, Evidence-based Medicine, Functional Technical Skills, Integrity & Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening, Negotiating, Priority Setting, Problem Solving
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)