The Executive Director of Human Resources leads all aspects of the human resources function to recruit and retain a high-performing, diverse workforce of over 2650 personnel. Major areas of responsibility include recruitment and selection, employee compensation and benefits, employee relations and workplace investigations. The office also oversees licensure verification, employee counseling, personnel evaluations and performance management. The Executive Director leads an office staff of approximately 12 staff, manages a department budget, and administers HR software solutions and HR contractual services.
The Executive Director of Human Resources is a direct report to the Chief of Staff.
Education: Master’s degree in a job related area.
Certificates & Licenses: Certification by a Human Resources professional association is required, or the ability to obtain certification within six-months of hire.
- At least seven years of job related experience in people operations, human resource management and direct supervision of staff. Experience in pK-12 education preferred.
- Directs and oversees the HR functions of recruitment, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, performance evaluation, employee engagement and employee relations.
- Works with Human Resources staff to implement an effective department plan that emphasizes communication and customer service.
- Ensures that ACPS is in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal policies; regulations; laws; and internal audits as they pertain to the human resources function.
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained among and by Human Resources staff in its work with those served by the department.
- Works with Human Resources staff to implement innovative business processes and HR technology solutions that enhance communication, confidentiality and services.
- Implement a comprehensive human resources plan that aligns with the ACPS 2025 strategic plan.
- Collaborates with other school divisions and outside agencies to share HR information and ensure understanding of regional salary and benefits programs, common services and partnerships.
- Plans and directs the recruitment plan to select, hire and assign the best qualified staff.
- Plans, develops, and revises personnel management policies for the Board of Education
- Annually updates the personnel handbook and associated HR forms.
- Attends and presents at Superintendent’s staff meetings.
- Confers with principals and department hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Maintains electronic and paper personnel records of all employees to comply with division, state, local, and federal regulations.
- Oversees staffing to include assignments, transfers, dismissals, and promotions
- Support administrative and department efforts to develop ideas and decisions.
- Keeps the Chief of Staff and Superintendent informed on pertinent human resource issues.
- As an essential employee, is available for contact on a 24/7 basis for emergencies and crisis situations.
- Assists other personnel and performs other duties as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Transcripts and certifications will be verfied.