Job Code/Title: X8008/ Executive Director, Human Resources
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The UNM Medical Group, Inc. is hiring for an Executive Director of Human Resources to oversee the daily administration of the HR functions of the organization by implementing policies, procedures, and programs that align with the company strategic goals. This critical role will report directly to the CEO and be a key member of the executive team. The individual will be directly responsible for the overall employee lifecycle to include administration, coordination, training, strategy, and evaluation of the human resources of our company. This is a role that requires a balance of both strategic thinking and hands-on tactical execution.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Provides leadership in the development and execution of a human resources program which supports the overall business plan and strategic goals of the organization and that functions in accordance with laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. Develops and manages all functional areas of human resources for the organization including recruitment and employment, compensation and benefits, performance management, employee/labor relations, compliance, diversity, and training and development. Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team; assists in the development of long-range organizational goals and strategies. Serves as a member of the UNM Health System Human Resources group as a representative of the UNMMG.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the organization’s strategic plans and goals as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Plans, develops, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource functions and performance; serves as senior level advisor to all levels of the organization on human resource related issues, best practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and compliance with UNMMG policies and State and Federal law.
- Develops human resources policies and objectives that support the business plan and strategic goals of the organization and positively impact overall operations; oversees communication, administration and adherence to policies throughout the organization.
- Develops long and short term staffing strategies and
- Develops and maintains Affirmative Action Plan
- Serves as subject matter expert for all HR relatedHRIS issues
- Develops competitive and cost effective compensation and benefit programs which support recruitment efforts, provide health and welfare protection for employees, and provide incentives and rewards for performance.
- Develops and administers a performance management system that supports and is linked to organizational mission, vision and goals.
- Establishes and oversees administration of an employee relations program that is proactive and supports prevention of employee relations problems; serves as the organizational representative for unemployment, EEOC, OEO and other hearings.
- Develops and administers training and development programs which address knowledge and competency gaps; supports employee growth and development through development and administration of programs such as mentorship and career development.
- Works directly with departments on organizational development issues, ensuring appropriate staffing and internal equities.
- Oversees HR department operations and organizational policy function; plans and recommends budgets and manages expenditures; supervises HR Staff and Policy Specialist.
- Serves as a member of the UNM Health System Human Resources group as a representative of UNMMG and participates in discussion and decision making regarding policies and procedures, compensation and benefits, and other HR issues.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities such as participation on committees, project work and support of organizational initiatives as required or assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of progressively more responsible, directly related experience in human resources management. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Comprehensive knowledge of human resources systems, regulations and best practices
Working knowledge of all functional areas of HR
Strong organizational skills and abilities that allow for multiple project leadership and decision making
Demonstrated ability to function as a team member
Current knowledge and understanding of applicable laws, regulations, and industry trends and ability to keep abreast ofchanges which will impact the organization
Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Experience in conflict resolution and employee relations
Demonstrated results oriented management and delegation skills
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
Possession of a valid New Mexico driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
No or very limited physical effort required.