We are currently seeking an experienced Event Assistant to assist Community/Salon Manager with the scheduling and coordination of public and private events, seminars, conferences, weddings, and corporate picnics. Oversees various phases of events to ensure they run smoothly. Examples could include placing and striking event tables, vendor coordination, event planning, and staffing events. Our ideal candidate has at least a year of event experience, but we are willing to train the right motivated applicant.
Position requires a flexible work schedule to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. To be successful in this position, candidate MUST be able to remain calm in high-stress situations. Candidate must also be willing and able to think logically and make quick, appropriate decisions in hectic scenarios.
Provide guest service to both the GRID members/Solera Salon members and their clientele before—during—and after they arrive. Guest service includes—but is not limited to—the following practices: attention to detail, phone answering, greeting guests, cleanliness of the facility, handling specific maintenance duties, support of management plus any additional assignments necessary to ensure guest loyalty, retention and the ultimate guest experience.
Exceed the guest’s expectations through extraordinary guest service. Give added value to GRID/ Solera members for their choice in joining GRID/Solera.
Fundamentals of the Position
- Commit to GRID/Solera values, including exceptional guest service, cleanliness of the building a willingness to serve others, exceeding the members’ expectation, and doing your part to fulfill the mission of GRID/Solera is committed to providing an innovative, personal and professional environment that supports, motivates and empowers the GRID/Solera members.
- Ensure members receive consistent service exceeding expectations.
- Protect the public’s health, safety and welfare through opportunities that may arise.
- Communicate with the appropriate GRID/Solera manager through an ongoing basis, including one-on-one encounters and team meetings.
- Support events and aid in promoting a fun and community atmosphere for members and their guests/clients.
- Present an appropriate GRID/Solera image at all times.
Job Requirements – Must be able to:
- Use of coffee brewer, dish washers, and kitchen
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Focus on business development; connect with event planners, vendors, photographers etc.
- Be comfortable on the computer with a strength in word, excel, outlook and social media platforms.
- Possess excellent phone and people skills.
- Have good organization skills and an attention to detail.
- Deliver personal mail, and take care of virtual mail.
- Contact and follow up with leads.
- Able to attend GRID/Solera meetings.
- Take direction and coaching with a professional attitude.
- Handle light maintenance issues.
- Stand for long periods of time on a hard surface, bend, twist and lift or reach above your head.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Understand the importance of a clean environment.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Additionally, any assignments necessary to ensure members loyalty, retention and the ultimate guest experience.
Job Accountabilities – You are accountable for:
- Arriving on time for your shift and have a professional appearance, meeting GRID standards with hair, makeup (if applicable) and dress.
- Make the members and their guests experience unique and beyond expectation.
- Always using script for phone answering.
- Greeting all members immediately upon entering the GRID/Café.
- Consistently completing the daily worksheet.
- Treat all members, guests and other team members with respect.
- Completing with accuracy all necessary steps in closing the kitchen area.
- Complying with Health Board regulations in the GRID kitchen/Solera Salon.
- Accuracy and timeliness with the distribution of virtual/regular mail and packages.
- Maintaining cleanliness throughout all common areas including kitchen, eating area, hallways, lobby, restrooms, waiting areas, parking lot and building entrance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks must be worn upon entrance to building. Increased sanitations are done very frequently through out the day.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Event marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place