OUR MISSION: Committed to achievement for all New York City youth, Roads to Success promotes academic, personal, and professional development through out-of-school-time programs built on a philosophy of self-discovery. We create and sustain an environment where young people find their identity, build their independence and practice generosity in their communities.
OUR VISION: Roads to Success is dedicated to helping young people discover the self-esteem, self-reliance, and empathy necessary to become future leaders and driving forces of positive change. We are led by a passionate community of young educators—a lead-by-example staff who are dedicated that all of New York City’s young people are given a fair and equitable chance to fulfill their dreams.
PROGRAM DESIGN: RTS facilitates a variety of youth programs including after-school, summer camps, retreats, conferences, and summer employment opportunities reaching thousands of young people throughout NYC each year. RTS emphasizes the youth development practice of the Circle of Courage in all our programs; creating an environment of Belonging, where young people can build their Independence, find, and develop their Mastery skill, and practice Generosity in their communities. At the core of our programs are staff training strategies that enable our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the young people in their care who we call Our Future Leaders because that is what they all are.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of the Event Coordinator is to coordinate activities of staff or clients to plan for meetings, events, or conventions.
- Supervisor: Director of Education
- Max Hours: 25 per week
- Days: 5 per week, Monday – Friday
- Compensation: $20 – $22 per hour
- Facilitate the planning, implementation, and follow-up of all student events.
- Develop and maintain the event and volunteer database.
- Train staff on best practices for student event planning.
- Create event committee that includes students across sites.
- Create an event toolkit that includes timelines, best practices, evaluations, and outcomes.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer coordination including but not limited to, staffing recruitment, supervision, training, and acknowledgement.
- Ensure a vendor and volunteer agreement is distributed to any vendors and volunteers working at our events.
- Act as a liaison between Roads to Success and vendors or stakeholders during the planning process.
- Remotely communicate via phone and email and attend scheduled zoom meetings.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Education.
- Ability to work remotely and in person.
- A degree in hospitality management or related field.
- At least three years of event planning experience.
- Proficient in Zoom, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Docs.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to organize, and multi-task.
- Must have a computer, printer, and phone to work remotely from home with reliable internet.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- event planning: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location