GDIT’s DOJ/OJP team is looking for a dynamic and experienced ETL Developer to join our Agile teams. Our client is engaging in a significant overhaul of its legacy IT environment and approach. You, as the ETL Developer, will play a pivotal role in the planning and execution of this modernization effort. While working closely with senior Federal staff, Data Architects and the Business Analysts, you will design and implement ETL processes to support migration of legacy data to a redesigned modern application.
- Design and implement industry best ETL technologies to satisfy client requirements.
- Design and develop optimal code to maintain exceptional performance in processing large volumes of data.
- Translate business requirements into technical specification.
- Design, develop, and test ETL solutions and automating data loading processes.
- Establish ETL environments according to project requirements.
- Develop and implement an efficient migration process to move ETL objects from development to test and production environments.
- Support the project team throughout the design, development and testing process.
- Participate in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
- Support project documentation, as required.
- Understand database design, programming concepts, data modeling, and framework management.
- Communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
- Work with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Enterprise Architects, and ETL Architects to ensure business requirements are being met with the solution being developed.
- Identify and reuse of ETL components and services to avoid duplicative implementations.
- Mentor other team members in developing, documenting and modifying ETL components.
- Develop advanced and complex ETL processes in the AWS GovCloud using the tools such as AWS Glue, S3, Python, EMR, Spark, SQL , MySql.
- Support and administer the MySql database in the migration environment on the cloud.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years of working experience working with some industry leading ETL tools such as Informatica, ODI
- 2 years of working knowledge of the AWS S3, Glue, EMR, RDS(relational data service) and other AWS services
- 4+ Years of working experience on the MySql, Oracle or any other RDBMS database.
- A demonstrated history of working in large enterprise level applications.
- Experience in working with database applications and SQL.
- Full comprehension of SQL, cardinality, levels of granularity, normalized vs de-normalized, database optimization techniques and other such data architecture best practices is required.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders with different technical abilities to gather data requirements.
- Experience working in cloud environments.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- A track record of delivery in challenging, face-paced environments
- BS or equivalent +6 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience.
- Contract Requires US Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency specific Public Trust clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.