Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a part of a team that has incredible control over highly complicated equipment in a fast paced environment.
- Log data accurately and promptly for all assignments.
- Communicate all equipment activities for the shift during pass down.
- Troubleshoot and resolve high-level equipment problems.
- Disposition non-conforming material, identify abnormal conditions, and determine corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist engineering teams with experiments.
- Follow & Maintain integrity of SOPs.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance, following standard procedures and check sheets where applicable.
- Respond to tool faults / interlocks and assist in wafer recovery, including documentation and communication to process team members to ensure material is measured and dispositioned correctly.
- Work with Shift Supervisor to ensure priority tools are addressed and PM scheduling is adequately covered.
- Resolve unplanned equipment issues and update necessary documentation.
- Provide support for new equipment introductions.
- Monitor and respond to abnormal equipment signals.
- Correct and generate SOPs when required.
- Work with engineering staff on the following:
- Uptime and performance improvements.
- Evaluating and implementing creative solutions which improve performance and reduce cost.
- Updating maintenance procedures and training other equipment technicians on shifts to perform PMs per the procedures.
- Increasing overall tool availability.
- Improving throughput by reducing speed loss associated with equipment performance.
- Reducing wet clean downtime.
- Work days and hours: CWW, B Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two year technical degree, equivalent military experience, and/or 5+ years direct applicable Etch semiconductor experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work a compressed work week on B shift (7PM-7AM Sunday through Tuesday and every other Saturday).
- Highly capable in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to procedural changes also required.
- Ability to demonstrate electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in improving overall maintenance effectiveness including PM success rate, green to green improvements, and continuous PM improvements.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent critical thinking and planning skills.
- Ability to create and execute action plans.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.