As an Estimator/Project Manager, the Employee is required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities in a professional manner.
(a) – Lead Estimator will generate and manage estimates required for sales, pre-construction and bidding efforts. Provide estimates, budget control and studies for projects and potential projects during business development, pre-construction and construction phases of a project and across all scopes, systems, and assemblies. Estimates vary from conceptual to full guarantee maximum price estimates to lump sum bids. Ability to complete full quantity take-offs to support accurate estimates for disciplines in commercial and multi-family projects including, but not limited to mechanical, HVAC and plumbing. A complete understanding of the interrelationship of the cost of labor, material, equipment, and productivity in the unit costs used at each level of an estimate.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
· Collaborate with Employer to develop and maintain pre-construction and construction estimates. Lead project lump sum bidding process.
· Build estimates based on a practical understanding of design, constructability, logistics, sequencing and means and methods of a project.
· Estimator will be a key collaborator for new and existing subcontractor relationships for estimating, bidding and project award.
· Prepare estimate presentations, special studies, budget control reports and estimating documents for projects and client presentations.
· Understanding of market labor, and commodity conditions and impacts on construction costs. Conduct quantity take-offs, variance and maintain quantity controls.
PM responsibilities include:
· Manage all financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting.
· Oversee pre-con meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
· Set clear goals and expectations to foreman and electricians.
· When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
· Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Commission pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required