HMI Technical Solutions, LLC, (HMITS) provides results-driven engineering, design and integrated solutions to the power, oil & gas distribution, and communications industries. HMITS’ best-in-class services include design, asset integrity management, feasibility studies, surveys, constructability reviews, and turnkey delivery services within these core utility segments. With a genesis in construction and a skilled team of multidiscipline engineers and project management professionals, the privately-held firm brings a deep understanding of infrastructure to every project.
The Estimator prepares timely and accurate bid estimates for medium to large size, complex projects/programs that includes wireline and wireless opportunities within an assigned operating unit. This position plans all projects within expectations for efficient use of personnel, equipment, materials and subcontractors in adherence with contract requirements, time guidelines and other restrictions. This position provides direct support to the project teams in the planning and execution of the job, to include determining and documenting scope of project, unit / man-hour figures, and required proposal contents.
This role is fully responsible for the preparation and maintenance of bid documentation, as well as traveling to job locations to confirm project site conditions. The Estimator also leads bid strategy and presentation discussions, follows awarded contracts to monitor extra work items, procurement of material, credits, etc. This role assists field personnel in developing and/or recommending change orders to scope as needed.
The Estimator ensures that bid deadlines and customer presentation requirements are met while proactively identifying and suggesting solutions for known or anticipated construction problems to minimize cost and reduce risk. This role also provides insight to thought leadership in the continuous improvement of methodology, tools and approaches using fundamentals of H&M Project Management practices. Plans, documents, monitors, and reports performance data to management and stakeholders.
Additionally, the Estimator will interface with various internal and external stakeholders on planning and scheduling related items and functions, including reporting requirements, progress reporting, complaint schedules, etc., while communicating with influence and presenting effectively to client group and team members.
Individual contributor with responsibilities for providing guidance in larger initiatives and coordinating internal processes. Manage or provide technical guidance and coaching to personnel. The Estimator will be responsible for managing additional resources assigned to an initiative/project, dependent on scope which Includes training, mentoring, and assignment of work. Aids in ensuring that team goals, roles, protocols, and business relationships are consistent with high-performance requirements and congruent with the company’s strategy.
- 10 years’ experience in leading estimating activity for mid to large scale structured cabling and wireless projects. Experience in estimating electrical work and conduit is a plus
- An advanced working knowledge of related codes, telecommunications standards and BICSI best practices, BICSI RCDD (preferred) or equivalent working knowledge
- Experience with computerized bidding software and proficiency in MS Office applications; advanced proficiency in Excel with demonstrable skills. Experience with B2W and Bluebeam is a plus.
- Experience with network infrastructure design is required, including documentation, estimating, and specialization in fiber plant design. Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment.
- Experience with structured cabling installation and/or project management.
- Able to accommodate customer needs with flexible working hours.
- Staying current with industry trends and product lines.