- Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Supports PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use data financial analysts, data scientists and leadership for to drive decision support around critical financial business processes.
- Owns and is accountable for the design and development of a Data solution (Essbase) or a Data Pipeline (example: Cross team integration such as Essbase, Peak and TMIS to bring Innovation in or Supporting Data aggregation for an Executive Dashboard or Report on TPV growth trend).
- Ensures all code is well-commented, easy to maintain, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version. Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests.
- Leads feature or sub-system design reviews and code reviews and be recognized as the go-to developer for that component.
- Recognized as the go-to developer for a product or major sub-system and is seen as a leader in their specialized field.
- Leads feature or component design reviews and code reviews and is fully recognized as the go-to developer for that component.
- Participates in architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are directly related to their area of focus.
- Responsible for managing multiple domains within an applications area, providing necessary support and maintenance activities.
- Should be comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams, should have appetite to learn and be flexible to pick up new technology.
- Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Supports PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for Business insights, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc.
- At least 6 years past professional Essbase Data Engineering and product consulting experience on financial based systems design, deployment and support.
- Can be relied on to deliver a data pipeline on time and to requirements, without data quality issues.
- Leads the internal teams when needed, and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Can triage and resolve data / process issues
- Able to evangelize best practices through prototyping or other means.
- Familiar with various big data technologies (Teradata), open source data processing frameworks.
- Evaluates and implements data solutions with various big-data technologies.
- Good understanding of data processing, data structure optimization and design for scalability.
- Good understanding of REST-oriented APIs including understanding of distributed systems, data movement and optimizing ETL processing of extremely large datasets for SLAs.
- Excellent communication and team player skills to collaborate with cross functional teams for successful delivery of Data solutions.
- Understanding of version control systems, ITSM, GIT, etc. and SOX oversight or release management.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Experience with File Systems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Job_Description_Summary: The Essbase Application Team is looking for a full time experienced, customer-oriented, business-focused, and analytically-driven Data Engineer to support the delivery of Essbase operations and project portfolios commitments. The Data Engineer will interface with teams, customer and leaders alike to ensure seamless technological support of business process by ensuring the technologies we support are not an inhibitor to the business process. • Ensure Quality – Base the delivery model on best practices to drive efficiency / manage risks • Operational Excellence – Deliver on all commitments with no business disruption • Be accountable for continuous improvements. • Communicate effectively to instill confidence, as well as build trust and strengthen partnerships The role will be responsible for supporting global stakeholder departments and working domain leads and data citizens across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. Because the position requires interaction with geographically-disbursed teams so the candidate must be a self-starter with strong leadership qualities, project/task management skills, and analytical skills and comfortable working with distributed teams without direct management oversight day to day. He/she must be able to contribute to programs/initiatives and collaborate with the financial stakeholders and users as well as EDS analytical teams to drive alignment around Essbase Application Services and Support for PayPal. These accountabilities will be achieved through developing high trust relationships with internal and external customers, critical data analysis, attention to detail and a customer focus. Process development and optimization, as well as deliverables management will be a focus for the role.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.