The YMCA International Learning Center in Woburn is a highly-rated adult ESL for program which offers morning and evening English for Education and Employment classes to a diverse group of adult English language learners.
We have two positions open:
ESOL teacher beginner clas s
6-9pm Tuesdays,February-June 2019
4-5 hours of paid teacher time per week
Professional development available
On-line writing instructor: 10 weeks:
Develop and instruct 10 -16 students in academic writing utilizing Google Docs, EdModo, Weebly, etc. on line with face to face meeting twice during class schedule.
1 hour instuctional and 2 hours prep paid per week
Description of Positions:
- Teach ESOL to adults of diverse linguistic, cultural, religious, socio-economic and educational backgrounds
- Survey and incorporate adult learner goals into coursework for a student-centered, goal-oriented participatory ESOL class
- Prepare and deliver engaging, learner-centered lessons which integrate workplace and academic skills into thematic units
- Follow scope and sequence curriculum. Document lesson plans in provided format.
- Review and track goals and achievements with students, and maintain student portfolios documenting progress
- Collaborate with Education and Career Advisor to ensure that all students are progressing.
- Identify students who need extra support meeting their educational and career goals
- Outline teacher and program expectations to the students clearly
- Conduct student assessments at regularly scheduled intervals to evaluate progress
- Complete progress reports and conduct conferences with each learner
- Work collaboratively with staff on curriculum development, common planning and program improvement throughout the year
- Communicate classroom/student issues to Program Director in timely manner
Description of Administration:
- Keep attendance records
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Assist with intake evaluations and assessments
- Participate in professional development