Mater Academy of International Studies was established in 2009 and opened its doors to Elementary and Middle School students in the Miami-Dade County area blocks away from the new wynwood arts area. Our school is also near local shopping, restaurants, and minutes from main highways. At this time we are currently seeking K-5 elementary school grade teachers and well as 6-9 middle school subject and special area teachers.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year teaching or related experience in an elementary or middle-high school setting. Professional image and good written and verbal communication skills is also required.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic teacher to join our family. This teacher must be passionate, self-motivated with a desire to challenge students, and help them reaching their full potential. Teachers must be willing to think outside the box and make their classroom learning, hands on, interactive and fun.
To perform this job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each duty listed below satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills and listening skills
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred
- Experience interacting within our community
- Bachelor’s degree required in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Proficiency with database systems such as Microsoft Office, Outlook etc.
- Knowledge of K-5 curriculum and and instruction for individuals and groups or 6-9 curriculum in subjects or special area
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and effective disorders
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Applicant salary is based on the Miami-Dade County Public School (MDCPS) pay scale and years of experience
- Based on experience, applicant may be eligible for a recruitment bonus at time of hire and pending clearance by the department of education, drug test, and fingerprinting process.
- Based on high performing status and contract renewal, applicant may be eligible for a retention bonus
- Based on school needs, applicant must be eligible to participate on the after school tutoring program, after care program, or school club with additional pay
Please visit our school website to read and learn about our school at: www.materacademyis.com
Our school mission is to provide an innovative, challenging, bilingual and multi-cultural curriculum, preparing students to have a global edge. We will strive to create a thirst for knowledge in all disciplines of the curriculum and enrich every student with a sense of purpose, a belief in their own efficacy, and a commitment to the common good.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)