This is semi-skilled work in the City’s Fleet Services department, changing, repairing and balancing tires on City vehicles and related wheeled construction and maintenance equipment; and the mechanical servicing and fueling of assigned equipment. Work includes performing minor service checks and adjustments on equipment to correct deficiencies and promote daily operational efficiency; inspection of equipment to determine safety issues; and maintenance of service records. Work may require working various shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays; and may include lead supervision, when assigned.
Salary: $15.91 – $23.94 Hourly
Close Date: 12-05-2019 (11:59 PM EST)
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have completed 8th grade.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class “A” Commercial Driver License (CDL) with “H and N” endorsements – or – the candidate must present a valid Class “A” temporary permit with the “H and N” endorsements – and – must then obtain and continue to maintain the Class “A” license with the “H and N” endorsements within five and one half (5-1/2) months of appointment to the position.
- Have basic experience as a tire and wheel service person.
- Be available to work varied shifts and overtime, to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Possess basic data entry skills.
- Be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Acknowledge this position is designated as Emergency Critical (EC) and if hired into the position, you must be immediately available to the department before, during, and after a declared emergency and/or disaster.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify a selected applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams.
How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs – Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.