Wavsys is looking for Cement Equipment Operators, with at least 1 year of experience, this is to work with a mayor nationwide Oil & Gas company at their base in Cheyenne, WY.
As a reminder, if you get hired you must undergo a background check (you cannot have a felony in the past 10 years, you cannot have more than 3 speeding tickets in the past 3 years). You will also have to get a full drug screening, including a hair follicle test. If you believe you cannot pass these, I recommend to postpone and continue the process at a later date.
$16.50-22 DOE, depending on experience
Please note Class A CDL is preferred but not mandatory and NO rotation.
DOT testing applies.
1-3 yrs preferred and CDL preferred.
Assist Rig crew and Maintenance crew in the preparation of cementing operations, maintenance operations and equipment move preparation.
Operate and maintain cement equipment. Service quality, job preparation and safety are key priorities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meeting with all members of the Rig crew.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the Training Matrixes for the position.
- Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
- Makes up part of emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
- Performs manual labor around the rig.
- Assist in handling of all Rig equipment.
- Relieve Floorhands on drill floor.
- Assist the Driller and the Derrickhand in preparation of drilling equipment.
- Keep Rig location, tubular and other tools clean and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driller and Derrickhand.
- Carries out regular housekeeping and painting, and routine maintenance of drill floor substructure, mud tanks and drilling equipment.
- Assist Derrickhand to mix drilling fluids and chemicals.
- Prepare for Rig up and Rig down of equipment.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Has the physical fitness and willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments.
- Is a certified Forklift driver based on the Competency Catalog and local regulations.
- Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.B
Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Current valid Class A license or Permit holder and over the road experience of NLT 1 year o Heavy Vehicle Training will be provided by client regardless of new hire, rehire, or current CDL holder.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Oilfield equipment operation: 1 year (Required)