What you’ll do:
- Assist Equestrian Program Director in the development of program curriculums for all riding activities. Program goals should be: safety, fun, and progression.
- Enforce all riding procedures.
- Evaluate, assign riding levels, and schedule horseback riding participants for appropriate lesson curriculum.
- Teach basic horse management.
- Assist in establishing and carrying out daily feed and care procedures for horses.
- Perform routine health checks. Identify and treat minor illnesses and ailments of horses.
- Supervise the riding staff in the absence of the Equestrian Center Director.
- Assist in keeping stable, riding rings, and general ranch area clean.
- Do repairs or notify the Equestrian Center Director of repairs that need to be done.
- Care for pastures and fences as needed.
- Assure that all standards are always met in accordance with our risk management policy and other regulatory agencies (ACA, YMCA, CHA)
- Team player in organizing evening camp programming, and other special events.
- Work as a key team player as a summer camp administrative staff to assure that a safe, fun and quality program is provided in all areas to all campers and staff.
Exposure to weather, wet and/or humidity, high levels of noise.
What you need to succeed:
- At least 20 years of age and at least one (1) year of experience working at Camp Speers or similar program
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages, especially children.
- Sound knowledge of horse care and riding instruction.
- Exceptional customer service and program promotion skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High energy, creative, person with an understanding of the YMCA mission.
Where: Camp Speers YMCA located in the Poconos (Dingmans Ferry, PA).
When: June through August
Some benefits and perks of working at the Y:
Room and board included, if needed. FREE camp for medical staff children, flexible work schedule, a free family membership, discounted programming.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $310.00 to $380.00 /week