About this Career Opportunity:
- Supervises workers engaged in preparing and serving food. Responsible for overall day-to-day management of the food services department.
- Ensures adaptive equipment necessary for food consumption is available.
- Establishes quality standards for planning, preparing, and food yield and creates and submits menus that assure nutritional adequacy and variety, including modified diets and special diets.
- Conducts pricing audits annually to ensure cost effectiveness and works closely with RN supervisor regarding dietary orders prescribed by the physician.
- Recommends and/or orders food and other supplies used by the Dietary Department and ensures adequate quantities are on hand.
- Holds in-service training on specific dietary programs as needed, but not less than annually.
- Trains dietary staff in the implementation of dietary procedures and health and safety standards.
- Assists in training staff and individuals about good nutrition and dietary goals.
- Confers with the Administrator in the development of policies, procedures and other written documentation as appropriate.
- Functions as a consultant to staff and families.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED. Some college coursework or vocational school preferred
- One years of supervisory experience preferred; One year experience working in a cafeteria/institutional kitchen preferred.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Our Company
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Environmental Svcs Mgr.
About this Line of Business
We cover thousands of homes across the country, with a comprehensive range of programs and services, including host home and foster care. ResCare partners with people in the community who open their homes to individuals with disabilities and assists families by providing adoption and foster care services. With almost four decades of experience in the IDD services field, our aim is to be the provider-of-choice in the development of unique and proprietary service offerings and technologies – working toward innovative care models and leading health outcomes with states and payers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1512 Crums Lane Ste 218, Louisville, KY 40216 USA