The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is seeking candidates with experience and/or education in environmental education, education, natural sciences, social sciences, or parks and recreation for an Environmental Education Specialist position at Bald Eagle State Park in Howard, PA. If you enjoy sharing your knowledge, connecting with people and groups, and working in the environmental field, then Bald Eagle State Park may have the job for you!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Seasonal Full-time employment
- Work hours vary: 37.5 hours/week – 7 day a week operation. Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and all shifts as required by Park Management.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position involves professional work in the development and presentation of environmental education, interpretation, and outdoor recreation programs and activities at Bald Eagle State Park. Duties may include facilitating environmental and historical education and interpretive activities by conducting discovery learning activities, audiovisual presentations, teacher workshops, guided walks, and other environmental and historical learning programs; updating lesson plans; and working with local tourist promotion agencies, concessionaires, outfitters, and other partners to develop and advertise interpretive programs to introduce park visitors to the outdoors. Other duties may include providing information to park visitors on park facilities, (activities, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, history, and environmental features) services, points of interest, and nearby State Parks; maintaining all environmental education and recreational equipment and supplies; and assisting with maintaining the parks’ informational kiosks and other exhibits to include ensuring that environmental education information is up to date with Department, Bureau, and Regional philosophies and goals.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in environmental education, education, the natural sciences, social sciences, or parks and recreation; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Condition of Employment: Willingness to work weekends and evenings. Willingness to wear a prescribed uniform.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- This posting requires submission of a resume.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, visit the Commission’s website, Job Seekers page, for Veterans; visit one of our offices; or contact us at [email protected]
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
- Only most recent exam score is counted
Further information on testing, assistance for persons with disabilities, veterans’ preference, and other items can be obtained from:
Harrisburg: 2nd Level, Strawberry Sq. Complex, 320 Market St., P.O. Box 569, Hbg., 17108-0569; Telephone (717) 783-3058
Philadelphia: 110 North 8th St., Suite 503, Phila., 19107; Telephone (215) 560-2253
Pittsburgh: 411 Seventh Ave., Room 410, Pgh., 15219; Telephone (412) 565-7666
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)