Campers Inn RV of Fredericksburg is seeking a Full Time Entry Level RV Technician to join our team! No experience necessary. With our in-house technician training program you will be learning valuable on the job skills right away!
Do you consider yourself handy and like to solve household, small plumbing or electrical problems? We may have the job for you. Apply today!
WHO WE ARE:
VALUES-DRIVEN ORGANIZATION: Campers Inn RV is driven by the Core Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Sustainability. All team members are expected to uphold these values when performing their jobs, assisting other team members and helping customers.
NATION'S LARGEST FAMILY-OPERATED RV DEALERSHIP: Campers Inn RV has been the RVer's Trusted Resource for over 50 years. It was founded in 1966 by Art and Fran Hirsch, and it remains a family-operated business today.
WHAT WE OFFER:
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT: Campers Inn RV believes in investing in its employees through specialized job training, certifications and professional development including assisting employees in continuing their education. Join our team today and
ROOM FOR GROWTH: Campers Inn RV is dedicated to offering its employees ongoing career development opportunities, and it believes in promoting from within the organization whenever possible.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: Campers Inn RV offers a comprehensive health and welfare plan to all of its full time (30+hours/week) employees. This plan includes major medical, dental, vision, life, supplemental life, spouse life, child life, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a qualified retirement plan (401k). Our goal is to attract and maintain a highly competent and fairly compensated workforce.
Entry Level RV Technicians assist in the diagnosis, inspection, adjustments, and repairs for recreational vehicles including travel trailers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time. Duties may also vary depending on level of training and experience.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Raise RV’s or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Assist in repairing and maintaining plumbing, electrical, and/or HVAC components
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn OSHA and other related state and federal regulations as they pertain to vehicle repairs, safety, and disposal of vehicle parts and fluids
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, and communicate with customers and external vendors
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Reliable and strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- License or Certifications: Valid Drivers License and good driving record
- Years of Experience: No experience necessary.
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, precision instruments. Power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment and jacks, torch and hoists
- Protective Clothing & Equipment Used: Steel-toe boots, gloves, goggles, ear plugs, other safety equipment as needed or required as per OSHA regulations
Entry Level Service Technicians are exposed to the following conditions
- Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills
- Cramped conditions under RV’s and in RV compartments
- Petroleum products and solvents
- Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems
- Vibration from powered hand tools
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May be exposed to solvents and chemicals
- Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
- This is a Safety sensitive position
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to move RV’s of various sizes as needed
- Ability to organize various physical tasks through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, or bending
- Ability to climb ladders, bend or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Camper's Inn RV is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.