Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Financial Analyst at our manufacturing facilityin Salina, KS. This position under direct or general supervision is responsible for conducting and documenting somewhat complex financial analysis projects.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to build foundation knowledge in corporate/manufacturing finance. Project work includes costing products analysis, capital project work, inventory assessment and reporting, supporting ops managers with budgeting
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis, budget versus actual, etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compare forecasts to actual reporting
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: Typically has 0 -3 years of related experience. Open to new college grads who are eager to learn!
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the business better
- Good PC skills including Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, SQL, Cognos, ReportNet, and BEx)
- Understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes a plus
- Beginner skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.