Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm Beach social life hosting- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.com
The Colony Palm Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform routine maintenance duties including plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, minor electrical work, painting, groundskeeping and basic equipment or facility repairs in accordance with Hotel standards. Maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to the Director of Engineering to receive day's assignments.
- Review daily log books and stay informed about all day-to-day activities.
Perform a variety of maintenance duties as assigned and complete work orders for service requests, including but not limited to:
- structural maintenance and building repairs,
- plumbing and sewage systems,
- light electrical,
- painting and pressure washing,
- ground maintenance,
- kitchen facilities and refrigeration systems,
- laundry facilities,
- equipment and tool maintenance,
- life-safety systems,
- energy management systems.
- Continually monitor phones and SynergyMMS for new maintenance work orders, respond and attend to requests and update notes once the task is completed.
- Properly operate and utilize various electric, gas and manually powered tools and equipment, follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Keep all equipment and tools in good repair. Test, troubleshoot, clean, maintain and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest maintenance requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Perform maintenance activities in guest rooms, welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests needs.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Inspect all hotel areas daily and report all cleaning and maintenance discrepancies to the Director of Engineering.
- Actively participate in Preventive Maintenance program.
- Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and staffs.
- Maintain all cleaning solutions and materials in accordance to OSHA requirements for hazardous chemicals.
- Stocking, ordering and organizing an inventory of tools, parts, supplies and materials.
- Complete and assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintain the highest level of standards of quality service at all times.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all guests, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Be prepared to respond to any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- Monitor fire alarm systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work. Effectively comply with all codes.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Successfully complete the training/certification process for this position.
- Follow lost & found policy and report all found items to Loss Prevention.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of security for all guest belongings is achieved, aiding in creating a feeling of comfort and confidence for guests.
- Report suspicious activity to security department.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Any other functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of essential / fundamental job duties, whether or not listed above.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of maintenance experience at a hotel/resort property.
- Vocational/technical background in property maintenance.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, management, colleagues, employees, guests, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- High degree of attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Intermediate command of computer hardware/software.
- Working knowledge of computer-based work order systems, preferably SynergyMMS.
- Working knowledge of Building Management Systems, preferably Metasys.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Completion of college level or vocational school course in the fields of Electrical, HVAC, mechanical and plumbing.
- HVAC certification, CPO certification or other certifications.
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
- Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate various machinery and tools.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
- Ability quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in situations of pressure or time constraint while exercising good judgment at all times.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure the safety and security of all employees.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain).
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent pulling, pushing, bending, and reaching overhead.
- Continuous movement throughout hotel.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. following appropriate safety procedures.
- Ability to crawl in small and tight spaces.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights above ground level.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs; handle, and grasp objects and equipment.
- Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers.