We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our BIW Process Engineering Technician Team. The Body-In-White Process Engineering Technician will Champion and be responsible for the Locating Pin Preventative Maintenance Project, and the Hem Quality “White Body” Project. This includes organizing and tracking data, maintaining inspection records, replacing, reordering, and tracking locating pins and pin wear, and assisting in troubleshooting abnormalities during production builds. This role requires a diligent, proactive, customer focused, well organized individual who is comfortable on the production floor working hands on inside the tooling.
Locating Pin Preventative Maintenance:
- Establish and sustain a locating pin tracking system and schedule for inspection and replacement of locating pins throughout the BL3 and BL5 production lines.
- Hands on position going inside the lines to inspect and/or replace locating pins.
- Well organized and able to create a tracker to record wear and tear, replace pins, and order new pins.
Hem Quality “White Body”:
Take responsibility for improving hem quality and assisting in troubleshooting abnormalities during production builds
Own the Hem Quality “White Body” project to drive improvement to hem quality and improve customer appearance issues.
Ability to learn the nuances and best practices of roller hemming
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain a positive report with supervisors from multiple areas, as this position works closely with various departments to support production
- Communication: Ability to clearly and effectively communicate about quality issues on the production floor
- Proficient with manual measurement tools, and hand tools
Work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Strong Customer and Quality focus.
- Ability to gather raw data and clearly summarize and present findings to Engineering, Production, and QCE
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Shift flexibility depending on demand
- Experience with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts