Incumbents in this role are responsible for performing a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of Engineering professional staff of the company. Duties may include functions such as loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position but is not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary. Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules and standards, as well as corporate policies.
- Assists engineering professionals with acquisition and preparation of hard copy or digital data
- Assists engineering professionals with monitoring activity in various basins and tracks in various databases
- Gathers technical data for manipulation and analysis projects
- Creates various models and works with petro professionals to provide meaningful analysis
- Assists engineering professionals with various research and analytical projects
- Depending on the dedicated discipline, (production, reservoir, drilling) monitors production and drilling performance, AFE’s and LOE evaluations
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of oil and gas software, Petra preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with various levels of company personnel
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task with attention to accuracy
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to adapt to changing and fast-paced working environment
High School or GED
High school diploma or equivalent required
Technical or 4-year college degree highly preferred. Combination of Industry experience and education may substitute as equivalent for degree
Years of Experience
Years of Experience Range
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMAND
Work is typically performed indoors in an office environment. Incumbents must be able to perform work which includes typing, sitting and standing. In the event that the incumbent visits the operations worksite, personal protection equipment, including head protection, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and flame-resistant clothing is required. Safety rules including OSHA and DOT requirements are strictly enforced. Employees must be willing to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
Percent of Travel Required
Less than 10%
Travel may be required for mandatory meetings or training.
Cimarex Energy Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.