JOB TITLE: Engineering Intern
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Body Art Alliance (BAA), a family of leading brands and companies that design, manufacture and market the widest variety of tattoo supplies, piercing supplies, body jewelry and permanent makeup (PMU). This alliance was formed with the purpose of better serving our employees and clients through education, best practices, innovation, research and development, as well as superior customer service. The alliance is comprised of FK Irons, World Famous, Neo Metal, Norsco Attachments and Painful Pleasures. We are thrilled about the new opportunities that our alliance will create for our employees, artists, partners, distributors and customers!
The Engineering Intern will apply engineering education to perform fundamental design tasks while acquiring and developing additional knowledge, experience and skills in a specific practice area. The Engineering Intern applies engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broad assignment.
- Learn how to work with a QMS (Quality Management System) within an engineering framework
- Learn new DFM (Design for Manufacturing) techniques
- Learn design verification
- Evaluate, select, and apply appropriate engineering techniques to assigned work.
- Participate in data research, collection, and compilation efforts.
- Analyze and correlate scientific and engineering data and recognize discrepancies in results using a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Engage in continuing professional development.
- The Engineering Intern will work with direction from the Production Manager and in collaboration with the Production Engineer for CAD modeling with focus on creating 3D models in Solidworks for existing production parts.
- Use models to redraw blueprints and incorporate aspects of new “family” drawings and inspection numbering requirements for key dimensions.
- creating models for cabochon and faceted gem stones, and the corresponding assemblies and assembly drawings for the gem setting process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be skilled at using computer aided drafting or design software for designing, drafting, modeling, and other engineering tasks.
- Must have the ability to learn and quickly apply new technical knowledge on the job.
- Must regularly use scientific rules and methods to solve problems as well as understand the implications of new information for current and future problem solving and decision making.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Education: Student or graduate with a BS in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds if needed.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
At Body Art Alliance (BAA), we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and the community we serve. BAA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.