Position Summary: Contract Manufacturing Engineer (Electronics), Climate HVAC business unit. Acts as the HVAC engineering lead for controls at contract manufactures. Oversees and ensures control product manufacturing implementation, product quality and timelines to achieve Climate HVAC product objectives. Owns engineering initial review, change confirmation via testing/PPAP/etc and approval of electronic control supplier MCO proposals to support Climate HVAC MCO commitments.
- Electronic Contract Manufacturing Engineer for Climate Solutions Group – HVAC Business Unit
Own supplier electronic control product manufacturing implementation, product quality and timelines to achieve Climate HVAC product objectives.
- Support sub-supplier component implementation, product quality and timelines to support control manufacture when Regal mandates use of a custom Regal design from a Regal sub-supplier.
- Ensure that supplier(s) product quality meets Regal guidelines for design, CTQ CPKs, and other supplier metrics
- Ensure that supplier(s) product test equipment and testing is per Regal guidelines and expectations
- Ensure that supplier(s) manufacturing readiness is completed on time to support product launch timelines
- Support New Product development team by overseeing and executing delivery of the HVAC new product development electronics at suppliers.
Own Engineering support and signoff of electronic contract manufacture 8Ds, root cause and corrective action
Own Engineering support, confirmation and approval of supplier VAVE/MCO
- Lead regular supplier VAVE/MCO/Development meetings, assign and execute work activities and track progress.
- Review supplier DFM and MCO proposals in support of sourcing and engineer MCO annual goals/metrics
- Work with reliability and electronic design teams to develop, communicate and drive test plans to validate supplier MCO requests maintain product design and quality
- Execute strategic supplier VAVE/MCO projects using Regal verification and approval guidelines.
- Own electronic control supplier PPAP engineering review and signoffs.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience (EET, EE, manufacturing, quality engineer degree preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience (electronics, technical project leadership, new product launch, manufacturing/quality engineering)
- 3+ years manufacturing or supplier development experience
- Demonstrated organization skills and working knowledge of electronic control manufacturing
- Ability to navigate and lead change with a suppliers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship and team-building skills
- Individual must be proactive, high energy and have strong problem solving skills
- Experience implementing manufacturing – Meeting design, cost, and timing commitments.
- Experience with communicating to suppliers on technical and project related items
- Green Belt certified
- Black belt or DFLSS (Design for Lean Six Sigma) trained/certified
- Electronic Control Manufacturing experience
- Advanced (automation) manufacturing experience
- Electric motor, variable frequency drive and ECM product knowledge
- Strong electrical, mechanical and/or electromagnetic aptitude
- HVAC experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project tracking software.
Travel: Some travel to manufacturing, supplier and customer locations may be required, <20%
Language: Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Work Locations: Fort Wayne, Indiana 1946 West Cook Rd 1946 West Cook Rd Fort Wayne 46818
Job: United States & Mexico
Job Posting: Sep 2, 2020, 2:29:53 PM