- Oversees outreach activities to enroll and to keep engaged newly housed formerly homeless men and women. Provides employment related services to achieve employment placement and job retention consistent with individuals' goals of self sufficiency and increased income. Collaborates with residential case management teams, employers, and job training providers. Maintains client records, collects, and enters data and submits reports within established protocol/timeframe.
- Screens, identifies, and enrolls potential program participants.
- Identifies clients' strengths, assets, and challenges to develop Employment Action Plan (EAP) leading to attainment and retention of employment.
- Provides on-going support and career counseling to facilitate and ensure successful participation in EAP activities, completion of activities, and goal attainment.
- Promotes and supports employment choices consistent with clients' vocational goals, interests, and skills.
- Works collaboratively with the Serving Ourselves Career Center to assists program participants in defining educational goals and increasing job readiness through individual training, group classroom instruction and referral to Boston area community based education and employment resources.
- Assists in the on-going development and supervision of the SOS Career Center.
- Oversees the provision of group or individual instruction in some of the following areas: pre-employment job readiness, vocational assessment, computer literacy, life skills, pre-GED math and literacy.
- Researches and identifies job leads. Assists with job match and job placement.
- Develops and maintains external network of job training, supported employment and adult education referral resources.
- Provides supervision to assigned staff.
- Serves as key team member responsible for ongoing evaluation and curriculum design of program.
- Provides on-going job retention support to clients who have been placed in community and supportive employment.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationship with scattered residential housing site staff and participates in service coordination meetings.
- Communicates regularly and follows up on client progress with residential case management teams, employers, and job training providers.
- Maintains client records containing all required documents and information and a complete record of activities and progress along with required back-up documentation.
- Enters required MIS data regularly, promptly, and accurately.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings/trainings as required.
- Other duties as required.
City of Boston Residency Required, A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for., This position requires direct client/patient contact and as a result of such direct contact, certain immunizations will be recommended and/or required prior to commencement of employment duties., Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification, This is a grant funded position, The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply