SHIFT: Work From Home
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a WFH – EM Coder to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Word from Home – EM Coder – Health Information Management
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 610-bed acute care facility hospital offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Accurately codes Emergency Department E/M levels and enters charges for ED, OB ED and/or observation with infusions and/or injections along with critical care and traumas.
- Accurately assign procedure category charges.
- Maintains or exceeds established coding accuracy.
- Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards.
- Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current.
- Utilizes the complete medical record documentation in coding assignment.
- Assist in tracking unbilled accounts regarding coding and abstracting issues.
- Knowledge of department functions to assist in those areas as appropriate
- Organize, maintain and file records of all patient discharged from the Emergency Department.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) eligible or equivalent experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: CPT, HCPCS, HIPAA, Anatomy and Physiology, Disease Process
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook highly desired
- Coding experience in an acute care setting using CPT and HCPCS preferred
- Minimum One year knowledge of Medical Terminology in acute care setting required
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.