Derrel's Mini Storage, Inc. is looking for a full-time Electronics-Field Engineering Technician. Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor, the Electronics-Field Engineering Technician will be responsible for purchasing, inspecting, testing, repairing, installing, and maintenance for the following areas: access control, alarm systems (single office and multiplexed multiple buildings), micro wave communication systems, automation, low voltage control circuits, and video systems, both IP and analog. This position would include projects throughout Central California, from Sacramento to Bakersfield. Overnight stays are occasionally required. This position works regularly outside and in all weather conditions.
Applications can be obtained at www.derrels.com or any of our 60 Derrel's Mini Storage locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adjust and replace defective circuitry and electronic components to correct problems
- Use software programs to perform test and measurement
- Interpret specifications, plans, and work orders and communicate technical information
- Perform test and measurement tasks including troubleshooting, repair, and calibration
- Evaluate the performance of system boards under simulated conditions
- Proficient in evaluating and troubleshooting various technical areas
- In-depth understanding of electricity and mechanical equipment
- Must have basic hand tools required of the trade
- Ability to independently handle multiple work projects
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to climb ladders or work from a Man Lift apparatus, work on roofs, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Valid California Driver's License
Nice To Haves
- Three or more years of experience working with other team members in areas such as: electronic, electronic, and mechanical alarm systems; low-voltage control; test and measurement; and with software and hardware relating to measuring, diagnosing, adjusting, testing, and repairing equipment
- Two-years of university-level electronics
- Experience in communication buses, internet protocols, alarm installations, access control system, or CCTV design and installation
Full-time, 40 hour/week position
Also includes: Paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental benefits, retirement and other savings plans
Since 1963, Derrel's Mini Storage has provided self-storage from Sacramento to Bakersfield and even on the Central Coast. Founded by Derrel J. Ridenour and his son Derrel A. Ridenour, Derrel's Mini Storage provides the largest storage facilities in the nation. Today, there are 60 locations and we continue to grow! We value our customers and take great pride in our reputation as the premier self-storage company in the communities we serve. With beautifully landscaped grounds and clean facilities, it is a priority for us to be good neighbors. Our focus is on providing a quality product and excellent customer service and we know our employees are the backbone of our company.