Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Electro-Mechanical Technician will operate within our customer’s facilities performing the maintenance function per the Intelligrated contract. The Electro-Mechanical Technician is critical to the smooth operation of our customer’s distribution centers and will be required to perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of our customer’s various material handling systems. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will take the initiative to coordinate with other departments the activities required for the safe and satisfactory completion of any job tasks. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will represent Intelligrated on site and will also need to follow our customer’s guidelines for general work practices outlined on site.
- Assists other Technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment
- Completes work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems using technical drawings (e.g., blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (e.g. multi-meter, laptop)
- Operates material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment; utilizes TCPiP as a troubleshooting/setup tool
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (e.g., pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to safety and quality procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, PC logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Assists in the development of specific technical and training documentation; assists in the development of a Technical Support Help Desk/Troubleshooting Guide
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Some experience in the field.
- 2-4 Mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience required, (Sr level 5+ yrs.)
- 2-4 Electrical troubleshooting and repair experience required, (Sr. level 5+ yrs.)
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Shift work may be required.
- Material handling experience in Conveyor, sortation, palletizers, and robotics is a plus
- Controls Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Networking Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 1145 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 USA