Provides installation and support of electrical systems in all MECA managed facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee and maintain the facility electrical equipment and related systems. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
· Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer.
- Install, repair and maintain low voltage controls, 110, 277, 480 volt systems.
- Understand Automated Building Management Systems including lighting control system.
- Monitor the installation and removal of utility distribution systems during the move-in/move-out activities within MECA managed facilities.
· Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
· Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit. Pulls wiring through conduit.
· Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Read and understand blueprints and associated product manufacturer’s literature.
- Monitor the activities of outside contracted services as directed.
- Keep accurate records of repairs and preventive maintenance work.
- Assist the Operations and Event Staff in the execution of their duties as necessary.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
- Operate various rolling stock equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, etc.). Must have appropriate training to operate equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Must hold and maintain a journeyman’s license.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends is a must. Overtime may be required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic PC knowledge including email, internet and Microsoft Office products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.