Electrical Technician – Machine Vision Systems
We are looking for an engineering technician to support our R&D engineering team for immediate hire. If you thrive in a challenging and small company environment, wearing multiple hats, working with electronics, automation, machine vision and industrial robotics, then this is the job you have been looking for!
Our team of engineers needs help to support our company growth. MoviTHERM & MoviMED is a high-tech company, providing 3D and Thermal Imaging Solutions for a variety of industries.
As an engineering technician you will be working directly with our R&D engineering team. You will be assisting them in their project execution with assembling electrical systems and electronic circuits, trouble shooting, using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators. Coding software for testing and experimentation, build prototypes, program PLCs, motion controllers, robots, and other systems. Perform and document feasibility studies, install and support machine vision systems.
- Assist engineers with machine vision projects using thermal and 3D cameras.
- Assemble electronic circuits and electrical cabinets.
- Perform experiments and document results.
- Perform non-destructive testing on material samples and create reports for customers.
- Assist engineers with part selection, part ordering by creating bill of materials. Track and materials and parts.
- Assist engineers with deployment and site installations of integrated machine vision systems.
- Perform quality testing on custom designed software and systems, document results.
- Design and build test setups and prototypes.
- Trouble shoot designed systems.
- Write test software for PC, PLC, and embedded systems.
- Interact with vendors and evaluate new technologies.
- Fabricate wire harnesses and connectivity solutions.
- Assist with shipping and receiving.
- Organize and maintain laboratory, warehouse, and equipment.
- Manage 3D printing, machining, and routing of parts.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Design mechanical parts and fixtures in CAD.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C, Ladder Logic, MVTec Halcon and LabVIEW is a plus
- Solid understanding of industrial communication protocols and interfaces, such as RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Modbus RTU/IP, Ethernet/IP
- Good understanding of motion control technology, encoders, servo, steppers
- Strong ability to use Multi-meter, Frequency Generator, Electronic loads, Oscilloscope.
- Good troubleshooting skills for system level troubleshooting, electrical, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
- Experience with industrial automation and machine vision preferred.
- Experience with industrial robotics is a big plus.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning is a plus
Basic Requirements / Education / Experience:
A.S. Degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline, plus some experience in troubleshooting electrical or mechanical systems at the components level. U.S. Citizenship is required, as some of our projects are ITAR controlled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $57,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
We are currently still working from home as much as possible. However, some of our work requires to work with equipment in the laboratory. For that type of work, we go to the office. This position requires more hands on work in the office.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Irvine, CA 92618 (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- English (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings